Reflections of '' What is critical thinking?''

 1: Emotional self-management

For me, the emotions that are most difficult to manage when others disagree with me are:
I usually tend to be patient and accept all points of view of the other people because I could be wrong, BUT, if I am conscious that I am right and the other person still believe that he or she is right, I feel despair because that person is too stubborn to understand.

2: Influences of my thinking:

For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don't prejudice my thinking are:  
When I give my opinion about a topic, I try to be clear and avoid bias because it can cloud my judgment.A cognitive bias is a systematic error in thinking that affects the decisions and judgments that people make. the most common bias in my case is the confirmation bias. This is favoring information that conforms to your existing beliefs and discounting evidence that does not conform.

3: Challenging options:

For me, the things I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of the other people are:
I consider difficult to challenge the opinions of the other people, but not impossible. It is difficult when that person has strong arguments, but I always try to challenge those arguments and if I see a weakness in any argument I tend to attack that argument and I try to persuade the other with my arguments to make them change their opinion.

4: Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bonder´s description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning and understanding?

Maybe the fact of don't believe everything that the others say. I think there are many things that you learn better by experience them than to read them in a book or text. It is necessary to develop the ability to critically evaluate the work of others and also to analyze all the information you receive.

5: Consider what you could do to manage these barriers in the next few months

In my case, I have clear that criticism is not the same that give negative comments about the opinions or topics. Nevertheless, in regard to the affective reasons I have to focus on keeping my feelings inside because it may affect or inhibit my capacity to think clearly.





Comentarios

  1. How do you know that you are right and the other person not when there is no a unique truth around phenomena? how do you make sure you are right?, but imagine if the argument is too radical and could take other points of view from other into the same thing (to become a new point of view) instead of beleiving you are in the correct thinking, also this could happen to bear on mind.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. According to those situations, I suggest you try to have empathy and an open mind. There are times when it is important to recognize that sometimes the arguments of the other person are stronger than ours and our beliefs are not always true. success!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Assumptions

Reflections about stereotypes